All kinds of axial fans are available in the market. But how do you choose the ones that are perfect for your industrial or commercial setup? This is what we are going to discuss now.
Irrespective of their use, industrial ventilation, air conditioning, dust, and fume extraction, the main work of axial fans is to move air through spaces. Their airflow follows one basic rule: bad air needs to go outside; clear air has to be inside.
The other specifications about axial fans vary and depend on where they are being used. Here are four main parameters you should consider.
1. Fan model: Because of the huge range of applications of axial fans, manufacturers create different models to accommodate every need of the clients. Each model offers special benefits for certain environments. So you need to give careful consideration to the different models available and choose the one that suits you the most, e.g. Direct Drive or Belt Drive.
- Direct drive axial fans are suitable for low airflow volumes (up to 2000 CFM) and static pressure (up to 0.5”). They don’t need much care and airflow can be controlled in most of them.
- Belt drive axial fans are suitable for airflow volumes (greater than 2000 CFM) and static pressure (greater than 0.5”). With adaptable pulleys, airflow and fan speed can be controlled.
2. Airflow volume: Once you have decided about the fan model, the next thing to do is to calculate the airflow volume that needs to be exchanged as per this formula: CFM x length x width x height. The fans you install should be able to fulfill these numbers for sufficient ventilation.
3. Resistance to airflow: Also known as static pressure. This needs to be calculated correctly to determine the correct axial fan.
4. Loudness limit: May be measured in sones. How much fan noise is okay? Choose wisely as per the environment in question.
Ventech Systems, leading manufacturers of axial flow fans, provide fully customized options as per clients’ exact requirements. This helps them ensure complete client satisfaction. Contact them whenever you need axial fans. They would love to assist you.