The term “central” in the Centralized Air Conditioning System comes from the fact that this machine has efficiency of providing cool and fresh air into the entire building from a central location in the building. This central AC system dehumidifies the inside air, then blows air into its duct system and throughout it into each room of building to make the environment cool.
What is the Industrial Air Conditioning System?
The term “air conditioning” in central air conditioning machine makes sense of maintaining temperature, relative humidity, and cleanliness level in the area. To achieve these things with a centralized air conditioning system, firstly it is essential to have a deep understanding of internal/external workspace load. Thus, heat load calculations can be done and the plant capacity decided upon. A list of information to determine the heat load requirement is being listed under:-
- Details of areas that need to be air-conditioned with regards to its plan, elevation, orientation, beam depth, glass areas, and location.
- Desired inside conditions of dry bulb temperature and relative humidity to be maintained.
- Outside ambient conditions.
- Lighting load.
- Equipment heat dissipation inside the areas.
- Whether the area adjacent to the department/area to be air-conditioned is already air-conditioned or non-air-conditioned.
- Hours of operation of the plant.
- No. of fresh air changes if specified.
How Does the Centralized Air Conditioning System Work?
The working of the central AC system comes under a refrigeration (vapor compression) cycle. Central air conditioner equipments and major components of this cycle are the compressor, condenser, thermostatic expansion valve, and evaporator.
Initially, contaminated and hot gas inside the building or factory enters into the compressor which is initially at low temperature and low pressure. After gas gets compressed, it leaves the compressor at high temperature and high pressure. Then, gas condensed in the condenser central air conditioning machine. It makes its state changed to liquid but it is still at high temperature and high pressure. While liquid flows through the thermostatic expansion valve, it reduces the pressure and temperature. Then, it enters into the evaporator that provides a refrigerating effect to the environment. Thus, the combination of all these components along with other ancillary equipment comprises a centralized air conditioning system.